Celebrate National Drinking Water Week
May 5th – 11th, 2013
For educational materials call
Did you know your
Leavenworth Water Department
- Produces over 4 million gallons per day of high-quality, drinking water for 50,000 people in Leavenworth and 7 rural water districts.
- Is the only public water supplier in Leavenworth County that provides softened (best value) water.
- Had 2012 annual operating expenses of $6 million. Operates solely on revenue generated from the sale of water and related activities. No funds are received from taxes of any kind.
- Maintain water production during the 2012 drought.
- Offers credit card or electronic funds transfer as an easy, convenient method to pay your monthly water bill.
- Is governed by a board of five elected citizens of Leavenworth.